This is so fitting when it comes to Voreqe's FREEBIE SCHEMES. Because even when it says FREE IN VOREQE'S MILITARY REGIME, YOU ACTUALLY PAY FOR IT.
So, the citizens of Fiji in the villages, squatters and poverty stricken areas are jumping up and down regarding the news of FREE BUS FARES AND TEXTBOOKS! Yippee!! No one has done this before they might think. The Vore must be really doing what's best for Fiji.
Oh well! sorry to burst your bubble if you're one of the ignorant ones being sucked into this whole Bullcrap!! With the military already milking funds from taxpayers to accomodate their larger than life lifestyles, someone has to PAY FOR THESE FREEBIES. Yes, Voreqe
may say/think that Chinese funds will do the trick BUT that's not enough. So, who gets to foot the bill?
THE TAXPAYERS OF FIJI! NOT VOREQE OR HIS MILITARY REGIME! DUH!
How do they do it? INCREASE THE LEVIES FOR SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE POLICE, AT LEAST.
Fiji Police raise service fees
The Fiji Police has significantly increased fees it levies for service offered to the public. Normal service fees have been increased 6-fold in some instances whilst a new fee for “Urgent Processing” is also being introduced.
- Normal Immigration and Employment (local) clearance fee frm $22.50 to $60.
- Clearance fee for overseas from $33.75 to $100.
- “Urgent Processing” fee for these services will be at $150. There is no such fee currently in place.
- Fees for Bailiffs, Money Lenders, Hotel License, Liquor License, Immigration Work Permit and Rehabilitation Certificate from $22.50 to $150.
- Police clearance fee for Land Transport Authority (LTA) and Public Service Vehicle (PSV) from $22.50 to $100.
- Urgent processing of Employment Vetting services (1 day) will have to pay $100 while urgent processing of “Other Business Vetting” will cost $200.
How can increasing fees and charges ENHANCE SERVICE DELIVERY? Really!
This is just another fast-track avenue to raise the funds to PAY FOR THE "FREE" BUS FARES AND TEXTBOOKS. So, in Voreqe's regime...
NOTHING IS FREE!!!!! YOU, THE FIJI TAXPAYERS (and visitors) HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR OWN SO-CALLED "FREE" BUS FARE AND TEXTBOOK SCHEME!
DA MAI LASUTAKI!