Elections is earmarked for March 2009. But in various Voreqe Bainimarama style, he keeps changing his tune at home and abroad.But as citizens of Fiji, it is OUR RIGHT and OUR WILL that elections MUST take place. There is no IFs or BUTs about it.
This is what our UN Human Rights entails.
Tikina e 21.
- E dodonu ni tamata kece me vakaitavi ena matanitu ni nona vanua, se vakaitavi sara ga kina se ena vukudra na mata a digitaka ena galala.
- E dodonu ni tamata kece me vakayagataka vakatautauvata na veiqaravi ni matanitu.
- Na lewa ni matanitu me yavutaki ena nodra lewa na lewenivanua; e tau na nodra lewa ena veidigidigi me dau caka vagauna, vakadodonu tale ga. Me dolavi raraba qai vakatautauvata na veidigidigi ena nodra digidigi lo se dua na ivakarau ni digidigi vaka oya ena galala.
(1) Everyone has the right to take part in the government of his country, directly or through freely chosen representatives.
(2) Everyone has the right of equal access to public service in his country.
(3) The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government; this will shall be expressed in periodic and genuine elections which shall be by universal and equal suffrage and shall be held by secret vote or by equivalent free voting procedures.